Let me plan our date!
I love trying new cuisines as well as creative modern fare, but my all-time favourites would be Japanese and French cuisine, and sinful Singaporean food. Places that serve all-day breakfast also have a special place in my heart. The easiest way to my heart (and into my pants) is to bring me out for a delicious dinner/lunch/brunch date.
When it comes to alcohol, my tipple of choice is a fruity and clean Pinot Gris or a sweet Riesling. I've recently started to really enjoy Merlot and Shiraz. I am fond of Japanese whiskeys and gins, but please recommend new ones to me! I'm always on the lookout for new libations.
Below is my very brief guide to my favourite establishments in Singapore. If you would like for me to plan something special, let me know!
- Shoukouwa at One Fullerton: Iconic and a must-visit for me. I love it!
- Whitegrass: Modern Australian cuisine, Chef Sam never disappoints! I'm so happy he received his first Michelin Star.
- Kinki at Customs House: Great bar, great restaurant! Fantastic Japanese food.
- Manhattan Bar at Regent Hotel: Recently voted as the top bar in Singapore for innovative cocktails
- Jigger and Pony: A new favourite haunt!
- Candlenut: Let me introduce my heritage to you through food.
- Odette at National Gallery Singapore: Let's take a break from walking through the galleries and indulge in a delightful French meal.
- Osteria Mozza at Marina Bay Sands: My favourite Italian place.
- NOX Dine in the Dark: The most unique dining experience where you dine in complete darkness. I love that this place only hires blind/visually impaired staff.
- Ginza Sushi Ichi at Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel: Seated at the counter, we enjoy a delectable lunch/dinner while the chef expertly whips up our meals before our very eyes. Omakase + sake pairing is recommended!
on my wishlist
- The Tippling Club (Avant-garde food and cocktails!)
- Ki-sho (Japanese Omakase + Sake)
- Waku Ghin by Tetsuya Wakuda (Modern European-Japanese cuisine)
- The Kitchen at Bacchanalia (Chefs previously from The Fat Duck!)
- Boca (Portugese cuisine)
For my fellow foodies - please feel free to suggest other places as well! I'm very open to eating nearly anything and everything.
cultural events and performances
Ticket information is linked below. My preferences are Cat 1 or box tickets - you might as well indulge in such experiences!
27 June 2018-11 September 2018: The Lion King - I have yet to witness this universally loved theatre production. Someone grant my wishes?
18 September 2018: Postmodern Jukebox - They started out on YouTube and their renditions of songs are so incredibly unique and I'm thrilled they're coming to Singapore!
5-14 October 2018: Kinky Boots - Bummed to have missed this in London!
3-18 November 2018: MAMMA MIA! - Take me here at your own risk. I know every word to every song, and won't hesitate to sing along!