“Chasing pleasure brings pleasure. But it does not bring satisfaction. In fact, it is precisely because it does not bring satisfaction that one must keep chasing it.”
While gifts are never expected, they sure go a long way in my eyes! Thank you for wanting to spoil me.
- Beauty: Sephora | Space NK
- Food: Send me anything from here if you feel like treating me to a nice meal! Otherwise, wines work: 1855 Bottle Shop |
- Fitness: Outfyt | Kydra | Vivre Activewear – I keep it tight.
- Pamper – Stays, spas, dining: Mandarin Oriental | Raffles Hotel & Resorts | Hyatt Hotels
- (E)Books and other bits: Amazon | BooksActually
For the ones who want a fuss-free gifting experience, here is a very specific list.
Sponsor My Education
If you would like to make a contribution to my postgraduate programme, please discuss with me directly. I accept cash, bank transfer, and bitcoin.
The iPad Pro in my Wishlistr would be especially useful.
- LUSH Rose Jam Body Wash
- Tea from T2, Gryphon, and TWG. Otherwise, ceremonial-grade matcha would be amazing.
- Alcohol: I am a fiend for single malts, gins, champagne (Ruinart, Billecart-Salmon, Pol Roger, to name a few…), wines (Tuscany, Pomerol, Barossa Valley, Hawke’s Bay, Loire Valley, Saint-Emilion, Marlborough, Piedmont – some of my favourite regions!)
- Japanese fruits
- Cheeses from The Cheese Ark.
- Le Beurre Bordier – I’m obsessed with every flavour.
- Surprise me with things that you know I would love and cherish! I love things that are kitschy, artisanal, culturally meaningful, and/or immensely practical.
- Charity: Water – charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of public donations go to water projects.
- Animal Lovers League – No-kill shelter housing 500 rescued cats and dogs
- Project X Singapore – The only non-profit organization in Singapore that provides social, emotional, and health services to people in the sex industry.
If you’d like to dress me up, here are my top picks. Taking me shopping is an even better idea!
- Handbags: Celine, Dior, Hermés, Delvaux
- Jewelry: Classy white gold and rose gold – Mikimoto, Van Cleef and Arpels, Graff, Tiffany and Co.
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Common Projects, Gianvito Rossi, Malone Souliers